- Best/Most comfortable ECCO Golf shoes for Walking
- Best Waterproof ECCO Golf shoes
- Best ECCO shoes for Flat Feet
- Best ECCO golf shoes for Wide Feet
- Best ECCO golf shoes with Arch Support for Plantar Fasciitis
- Best ECCO golf shoes for Arthritis
- Best ECCO shoes for Ankle Support for Achilles Tendonitis
- Best VALUE FOR MONEY
Looking for the best ECCO golf shoes for men?
If you’re a beginner golfer, one of the most important decisions you can make is what golf shoes to buy.
There are many brands and styles to choose from, so it’s hard to know where to start. You might be tempted by flashy colours or style details but don’t let them distract you from the fundamentals: traction, comfort and dryness.
The right pair of golf shoes can make all the difference on the course. They need to be comfortable and traction-friendly, but also dry so your feet don’t get wet or sweaty. In this article, we will review some of our favourite ECCO golf shoes that meet these criteria. We hope this helps you find your perfect pair!
Scroll below to read more about how Ecco Golf Shoes are made with comfort in mind! You’ll learn why they’re one of the most trusted names in footwear today. And if you want to check them on Amazon, just click on the links below each image.
Best/Most comfortable ECCO Golf shoes for Walking
Biom Hybrid 2 (Spikeless)
- Super comfortable, roomy fit and Lightweight
- Waterproof & durable shoes made of 100% leather.
- Good stable traction and support.
- Easy to clean
It’s got a removable insole to give you the freedom to add special inserts that suits that level of support and comfort that you desire.
The Biom Hybrid 2 is the best shoe for traction and comfort for any golfer who is looking for a roomy, comfortable fit that is also waterproof. This pair of shoes might not look so stylish but they have been claimed by many as far superior to Footjoy’s shoes when it comes to comfort and performance.
- Needs a little time to “break in”
- A little on the expensive side, but it’s worth every penny if you can afford it.
Best Waterproof ECCO Golf shoes
Biom Hybrid Hydromax (Spikeless)
- Waterproof, This shoe will keep your foot dry all day long, even in wet weather.
- Excellent traction, 100 TPU traction bars boasting 800 different traction angles help with grip on the course.
- Soft and lightweight mesh construction paired with durable leather makes these shoes perfect for comfort
- Soft textile lining ensures comfort every step of the way no matter how far you walk or golf hole you traverse
- The Biom Natural Motion Technology helps to relieve stress points on your feet by flexing with the movement.
- A customer claimed that these are not comfortable, while others said the opposite.
Best ECCO shoes for Flat Feet
Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax
- Suitable for flat feet
- Make the game more enjoyable by wearing shoes that are comfortable, look great, and are easy to clean
- Get a golf shoe that lasts long into consistent use
- They are made with high-quality leather that lasts through your rounds on the course.
- You can wear these right out of the box
- Waterproof for wet weather
- Beware of buying knock-off fake ECCO shoes when you buy on Amazon, if you feel it’s not genuine, then contact ECCO via their official website to verify.
Best ECCO golf shoes for Wide Feet
Biom Hybrid Hydromax (Spikeless)
- Excellent fit for wide feet
- Solid traction on the turf
- Waterproof leather material to keep your socks dry.
- Super comfortable even for walking 18 holes right out of the box
- not suitable for people with Plantar fasciitis
Best ECCO golf shoes with Arch Support for Plantar Fasciitis
BIOM Hydromax (Removeable Spikes)
- Provides a comfortable and stylish shoe that’s the fits comfortably.
- Gives you great arch support and less pain due to plantar fasciitis.
- Keeps your feet dry with its waterproof design. No more wet socks!
- Has enough cushioning to allow for hours of play without foot pain or discomfort.
- Shoes are durable, lightweight, and breathable
- More expensive than the average golf shoe
Best ECCO golf shoes for Arthritis
BIOM Hybrid (Spikeless)
- Comfortable golf shoes with Arch support that is also suitable for Arthritis.
- The foot-friendly design and extra cushioning deliver all-day wearability, while the Hydromax treatment keeps your feet dry
- A stylish design means it can be worn for any occasion.
- An adjustable heel strap gives you a custom fit that feels like it was made just for you.
- Durable leather and yak skin to keep your shoes looking new.
- The finishing quality of the leather makes it look older than it actually is.
Best ECCO shoes for Ankle Support for Achilles Tendonitis
We’re sorry, if you have Achillies then we recommend only one shoe which has a rocker bottom because that’s what matters most for this physical condition, and it is not ECCO.
it’s SKECHERS Go Ultra Max.
This men’s-specific model has an innovative design to help support your foot without sacrificing comfort or stability on those long walks around courses!
It’s lightweight with extremely comfortable cushioning that enables you to focus on your game rather than get distracted by the pain of your Achilles.
Best VALUE FOR MONEY
Biom Hybrid 3 Gore-Tex
- Extreme comfort, some golfers said it feel as if it was custom made for their feet
- Excellent Arch support
- Gortex will keep your feet warm and dry, which is important for some golfers who have sensitive feet.
- True to size (unless you wear thick socks then you probably need to size up).
- A little expensive for people on a budget, it’s worth it if you can afford it, if not, then check out our best Skechers golf shoes review.
It’s considered quite expensive compared to other brands, but reasonably expensive within ECCO’s price ranges.
The best Ecco golf shoes for men are those that will provide the essential features that are important for a golfer like traction, waterproof, performance without compromising on comfort.
Some people care about specific features more than others, for that, we have ranked them as the best for each category, like comfort, physical conditions etc
For example, If you have Plantar fasciitis, then we recommend the BIOM Hydromax. This model provides excellent arch support as well as less pain due to plantar fasciitis because it has enough cushioning to allow for hours of play without foot pain or discomfort.
- Ecco is one of the most trusted brands among golfers
- Ecco is also one of the more expensive shoes compared to others
- Generally, their shoes are durable and true to size
- This article lists the best shoes for your needs
Problem: Choosing the right golf shoes is a difficult task.
There are so many different models by ECCO to choose from, it’s hard to know where to start.
Ecco Golf Shoes for Men have been trusted by professional golfers for decades. They offer a wide variety of styles that will fit any golfer’s needs. Whether you’re looking for traction, comfort or dryness, Ecco has you covered with its high-quality materials and innovative designs. Their shoes are durable and true to size (unless you wear thick socks then you probably need to size up). The best Ecco golf shoes for men are those that will provide the essential features that are important for a golfer like
- Does ECCO make golf shoes?
Yes, in general, Ecco Golf Shoes are made to high standards to suit any golfer. If you’re looking for more dryness on rainy days, we recommend golfer boots that go over your golf shoes.
Some of their designs don’t include Arch support as they want people to put their own orthotics in them if necessary (which is a common practice).
The Ecco Men’s Biom Hybrid 3 Gore-Tex is a good choice as it is comfortable and has extra traction to prevent you from slipping on wet grass. It is also designed with Gore-Tex which will keep your feet warm and dry.
- What is special about Ecco shoes?
Ecco shoes and boots are “comfort footwear” made from premium materials and with unique features, like the Gore-Tex which make them incredibly comfortable, stylish and waterproof. The traction on these shoes will prevent you from slipping which for us is a big advantage.
The goal is to provide consumers with top performance products that are stylish as well as comfortable.
- Do Ecco shoes run big?
According to our research on Amazon and on the ECCO website, the majority of customers reviews say that their shoes are true to size, however, please bear in mind that if you play in winter and wear thick socks, then you may need to size up for your shoes.
- Do Ecco shoes break-in?
No. ECCO golf shoes are made of superior synthetic leather uppers, linings and insole that feature Gore-Tex membranes for waterproof & breathable comfort.
In general, Ecco shoes have almost no break-in periods, but more recently they’ve improved the durability of their shoes, and some say because of this, now it requires a break-in period which is still worth it if you ask us.
- Are ECCO golf shoes leather?
This question should be more specific because it depends on the model, ECCO golf shoes are most commonly made out of either leather or synthetic leather uppers. Most models are 100% leather, but some popular high-end models have synthetic bottoms in order to make the shoe waterproof. But whether it’s made of real or faux leather does not reduce its quality!
- Are ECCO golf shoes good for walking?
Yes, ECCO golf shoes are great for walking as they’re comfortable and very lightweight. In fact, we’ve reviewed and recommended the most comfortable ECCO golf shoes in our opinion, so it’s worth checking and seeing if it suits your taste, so you can enjoy your game to the fullest with the least pain.
- Does Ecco make golf sandals?
No, although ECCO does not sell sandals specifically made for golf, they do have sandals that are high quality and may potentially be a good fit for golfing in summer, you can find them on their website.
- What does ECCO BIOM mean?
BIOM stands for “biomechanical optimization”. It’s a technology that allows your feet to feel barefoot and move more freely, naturally and efficiently.
It also allows your feet to use your own shock absorption and motion systems which is especially useful on uneven surfaces.
ECCO says this technology has been developed and tested with the help of 2500 athletes, so a lot of research and test has gone into making this product.
- What is a hybrid golf shoe?
A Hybrid golf shoe is another name for “Spikeless” golf shoe, the word hybrid is used mainly by ECCO and Under Armour, the term spikeless is the more popular term. Hybrid (or spikeless) have generally some features that are different to spiked golf shoes, some of the main differences are that Hybrid are more lightweight, they don’t have any spikes, instead, they have nubs and ridges on the outsole for increased traction on the golf course and also allow you to use them casually outside the golf course.
- Are Ecco golf shoes any good?
Yes, ECCO golf shoes are one of the leading brands in the game and are worn by both pros and amateurs alike. They are known for their excellent quality, durability, and are trusted by elite golfers. Their shoes have an uncompromised combination of style and functionality.
- Where are Ecco golf shoes made?
- Which ECCO golf shoes are waterproof?
Scroll up to find our recommended waterproof ECCO Golf shoes, there are a few others on their website, but we’ve done our research and recommended the best in our opinion.
- Are ECCO BIOM shoes waterproof?
Yes, but not all, some of ECCO’s shoes are not even advertised as waterproof but have got positive reviews of customers who say they’re excellent at keeping water away.
- Are ECCO Hydromax shoes waterproof?
The name “Hydromax” suggests that the main feature of the shoe is being waterproof, so yes, it should have protection against water, but I cannot blindly recommend any shoe that is designed to be waterproof without actually being tested by customers and them confirming it does what it says on the tin.
Andy Starr is a golf writer with Apple Mountain Golf.
He’s been playing the game for more than 10 years and has a passion for it.
Andy also enjoys reviewing golf shoes and other equipment, which he posts on his blog.
When he’s not writing or playing golf, Andy can be found spending time with his wife and two young children.
When he was just out of college, he decided to turn his passion for the sport into a career and began writing about golf for Apple Mountain Golf.
Since then, Starr has become one of the most respected golf writers in the industry.
He has a gift for making complex topics easy to understand, and his articles are always filled with insights and tips that can help readers improve their game.
In addition to his work as a writer, Starr is also a highly regarded golf instructor.
He has taught at some of the biggest clubs in the country, and his students have gone on to win championships at all levels.
Whether he’s teaching or writing,