We review 10 different styles of Footjoys from low-cut casuals, lace-up dress shoes and even some water-resistant boots so you can be prepared for all weather conditions you will face on the course.
Golfers have been wearing Footjoy golf shoes for decades, they are the perfect fit for men who want to look good, play well and feel confident on the course. FootJoy has been providing golfers with a wide variety of high-quality products for over a century.
Footjoy is one of the top brands that has been around since 1857. It’s one of the most popular and most trusted brands in golf and they have an incredible selection to choose from and are known for their durability, comfort, and style. They make everything from casual low-cut shoes to lace-up dress shoes, so you can be prepared for all weather conditions you will face on the course.
Choosing the right pair of golf shoes for you can be a difficult decision. There are so many different options out there, and it’s hard to know which ones will fit best with your foot type and playing style.
You don’t want to spend your hard-earned money on something that doesn’t fit or isn’t comfortable, which is why we’ve done all of the research for you! We’re here to help find what’s best and give our honest opinion about each shoe so you know exactly what you’re getting before making a purchase. We hope this article helps!
We’ve done all the research for you! This article will review ten different styles from FootJoy so that you can find the perfect pair of shoes without wasting time or money on trial and error.
Read below to learn more about each shoe in this top 10 list before making your purchase! You’ll also get to see pictures, prices, customer reviews, sizing charts, and other important information about each shoe we recommend.
Best Footjoy Golf shoe Under $100 (Athletic style)
Golf is a sport that requires an expensive set of equipment, but many golfers still want to keep their feet comfortable and dry without breaking their bank. Footjoy’s eComfort are affordable, high quality, and have excellent traction for all weather conditions. They may be the perfect shoe for you!
- COMFORTABLE – Footjoy’s eComfort golf shoes are designed to provide comfort and support for your feet throughout the entire round. The lightweight design is easy to walk in, so you can focus on your game instead of how much you’re hurting.
- UNDER $100 – Don’t sacrifice comfort for price. The eComfort men’s golf shoes offer great value at an affordable price point under $100.
- WATERPROOF – FJ is the #1 shoe in golf for a reason! With the eComfort line, you can enjoy a day on the course without worrying about your feet getting wet or dirty.
- AFFORDABLE – For under $100, you get a comfortable pair of waterproof golf shoes that will last for years and look good doing it. Other brands charge more than double this amount for similar quality products!
- EASY TO CLEAN – Simply wipe off dirt with a damp cloth or hose down after each use, and they’ll look neat.
- GOOD TRACTION – The eComfort is a great looking, comfortable men’s golf shoe that provides excellent traction and easily maintains its beauty round after round.
- Some customers recommended getting the “Wide” size if you usually wear the normal because of width inaccuracy.
2nd Best Footjoy Golf shoe Under $100 (Traditional)
FootJoy Men’s Fj Originals
This FootJoy golf shoe is a great choice for any beginner golfer seeking comfort, traction and stability. Its upper part is made of textile material that can be washed without losing its original shape or form. The traction pattern of this shoe provides traction on most course surfaces like dry or wet grass.
- Reasonable price – so it’s affordable for most people on a budget.
- Made of 100% Textile – so you can feel good about your purchase
- Elegant style – which will make you look like a pro golfer on the course.
- Lightweight Cushioning – which makes the shoe comfortable to walk for longer, this comfort should remain the same for the life of the shoe (as advertised by FootJoy).
- Enhanced Traction System – You’ll have more confidence in your ability to play well on the field.
- 1-year waterproof warranty – so you can trust that FootJoy takes care of their customers.
- The spikes on this golf shoe are not suitable for the range mat surface.
Best/Most comfortable FootJoy shoes for Walking
Footjoy Pro SL
Footjoy Pro SL is a comfortable shoe with traction, stability and waterproofing. It also has an infinity outsole that provides traction on any surface. The Dual-Density D2 midsole lets your feet feel comfortable. It provides support and can absorb the force as you walk or swing your club. FootJoy warrants that these shoes will be 100% waterproof for 2 years under normal use. If you want comfortable spikeless shoes with traction, Footjoy Pro SL should definitely be your pick!
- DURABLE – The Pro SL is built with premium leather that provides super-soft touch and feels and 2-year waterproof protection
- SUPERIOR TRACTION – The Pro SL features Fine Tuned Foam (FTF) in the midsole, which provides superior traction on both wet and dry surfaces.
- EXTREME COMFORT – A lightweight, comfortable design that is perfect for all-day play.
- EXCEPTIONAL STABILITY – The Pro SL’s infinity outsole design provides exceptional stability during your swing.
- WATERPROOF – A waterproof membrane keeps feet dry throughout the round, so you can focus on your game instead of your wet socks.
- Not suitable for wide feet
Best Premium Leather FootJoy golf shoes
Premiere Series – Tarlow
The FootJoy Premiere Series golf shoes are the perfect choice for a golfer who is looking for the best that money can buy. They have low profile spikes that provide stability and support from the moment you step on the course.
If you’re looking for great traction, excellent comfort, and premium leather construction then these Footjoy shoes will suit your needs perfectly!
- The traction is excellent, providing traction to help your performance.
- Maximum comfort ever, thanks to the Ortholite technology.
- Excellent stability and support.
- Makes you feel and look like a million dollars.
- Provides maximum traction to help your performance
- Easy 3 click cleat insert system
- 2-year Waterproof so you can rest assured that your purchase is protected.
Best Waterproof FootJoy shoes
Waterproof Golf Boots
We all know the feeling of standing on the course to have a good time golfing and then water starts seeping into your golf shoes. It’s not only annoying but it can also negatively affect your performance!
Wearing waterproof golf shoes is essential for any golfer who wants to have a dry, comfortable experience.
Even though most of FootJoys’ shoes have a 2-year waterproof warranty, they have designed a boot specifically to be the best at being waterproof, and even named it “Waterproof Golf Boots”.
- ENHANCED TRACTION – The FJ waterproof golf boots feature a special traction pattern on the outsole that provides enhanced traction in wet conditions.
- TURF GRIPPING – The outsole is designed with turf gripping lugs for optimal performance on the green.
- EASY 3-CLICK CLEAT INSERT SYSTEM – The unique cleat system allows you to easily change the cleats depending on your playing surface. This is especially helpful if you are going from grass to hard court, etc.
- WATERPROOF – These golf shoes have an excellent design that keeps water away like a security guard, your feet will stay dry and comfortable even if it’s raining outside.
Best FootJoy shoes for Flat Feet
Some people have flat feet, which can make it hard to find a comfortable shoe that feels just right. That’s why we found out that FootJoy’s HyperFlex is one of the most popular shoes for those with flat feet (even wide feet and normal feet), even though FootJoy hasn’t explicitly designed one for flat feet, we found the best one based on the comfort features that we’ll talk about below.
- Lightweight mesh that allows excellent breathability
- Athletic running shoes design
- Foam cushioning to perfectly fit the shape of your feet and provide all-day underfoot comfort, and reduce underfoot fatigue.
- Easy to put on with BOA system (No laces required).
- Enhanced range of motion – This is important for conditions like flat feet which limit mobility.
- waterproof to keep your feet dry in all weather conditions.
- They are a bit on the expensive side.
- Even though they have a 2-year waterproof guarantee, some customers reported that it’s not waterproof.
- It doesn’t have enough lateral ankle support
Best FootJoy shoes for Wide Feet
If you have a wide foot then you probably know how difficult it is to find a golf shoe online that fits 100%, it’s a common issue for many golfers, and we recommend the same shoe again for wide foot golfers, can you guess it?
It’s the HyperFlex BOA
Just a piece of advice before you order, if you normally buy Wide, buy extra-wide, and then you can just tighten for comfort.
Best FootJoy shoes for Arch Support
Men’s D.N.A. Helix
The D.N.A. Helix is perfect for golfers who have a high arch and need Arch support/orthotics. This shoe features a lightweight, two-piece construction that provides stability without sacrificing traction. It has a wider toe box that reduces the risk of blisters and while providing cushioning to protect the feet from impact.
- Lightweight and extremely comfortable
- Waterproof, Durable and built to last
- Athletic design
- Excellent traction that is suitable for all coarse surfaces
Best FootJoy shoes for Plantar Fascitis
Plantar Fascitis is the inflammation of the tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot from your heel towards your toes. It’s often caused by overuse or tight calf muscles which causes pressure on this part of the foot. There are some things you can do to help yourself like wearing shoes with good arch support, stretching, going to a physical therapist. So which shoes are best for people with this health condition?
We recommend the D.N.A. Helix again!
Why? because if you have plantar fascitis then you need shoes that aligns to the curve of your foot (avoid wide golf shoes) which is why D.N.A is our #1 recommendation.
Best FootJoy shoes for Arthritis
FootJoy Men’s Fj Originals (Previous Season Style Golf Shoes)
Golfers with arthritis often find it difficult to play golf without pain. FootJoy offers a variety of shoes that are not only comfortable, but they have insoles that can provide relief for the joint and foot symptoms associated with arthritis. Since doctors recommend shoes with rigid soles we selected the FootJoy FJ Originals (Previous style).
- It has cushioned fit – This insole is comfortable and supports your feet well. The fit-bed insole is comfortable. It absorbs shocks when you walk.
- It has rigid soles as recommended by podiatrists
- Great value for money
- Limited stock available due to being an older Footjoy model.
Best FootJoy shoes for Ankle Support for Achilles Tendonitis
FootJoy Men’s Tour X Boa Golf Shoes
It is a common misconception that Achilles Tendonitis has nothing to do with the ankle. The real problem is with the Achilles, but the traction of the tendon can cause pain in both the Achilles and ankle.
Let’s explore which FootJoy shoes would be best for someone suffering from this condition.
The Tour X features the most stable outsole in FJ’s range, the PowerStrap provides all-around medial and lateral support, without sacrificing comfort or waterproof.
We also recommend buying a pair of FootJoy ProDry socks which provides additional support for the ankles.
- Max Support (which is what’s needed for Tendonitis)
- Max Stability (both medial and lateral support)
- Max Comfort (so you can play golf more with less pain)
- Expensive (but worth the price if you can afford the investment)
The traction of the Tour X is one of its best features. This traction helps with traction for an Achilles Tendonitis sufferer. The traction also helps with traction when it comes to turning and landing. The traction is also very good in wet conditions which are often a problem for people suffering from this issue.
Best VALUE FOR MONEY
- For Traditional style: It’s the Premiere Series – Tarlow
- For Athletic style: It’s the HyperFlex BOA
Both of the above are the best of Footjoy shoes, both have excellent comfort, stability, traction, durability (built to last), and all the good features that you might be looking for.
So it’s now a matter of your personal taste between athletic vs traditional style shoes. Whatever you buy, you will not regret it, in case you’re not happy you can contact them for warranty/returns.
You can find information about the Top 10 Footjoy Golf Shoes for Men in this article. I will also provide traction, comfort and dryness ratings for each shoe so you can make an easy purchase decision. I hope these reviews on FootJoy Golf Shoes have helped you to find your perfect pair of shoes. You’ll be hitting the course in style.
- Wear the most comfortable shoes that offer you support for your game
- Keep you dry and cool throughout your round
- Look great on and off the golf course
- Improve stability, traction, heel comfort, arch, toe room
Footjoy is a top brand in golf shoes, but it can be difficult to find the right pair for your needs.
There are so many different styles of Footjoys available that you might not know where to start when making your selection. We will discuss each style and give you an overview of what makes them unique from one another.
With this article above you should have enough information to pick out the best model for your needs. If there is anything else we could help with please let us know! We would love to hear from you about any questions or concerns!
Q1. Does FootJoy make good golf shoes?
A: Yes, FootJoy makes quality golf shoes and can be relied upon to provide traction, comfort, dryness, and support.
Q2. Which popular golfers use FootJoy?
- Justin Thomas (Premiere Series – Tarlow, Packard and Flint)
- Lee Westwood (ICON)
- Will Zalatoris (Premiere Series – Packard)
- Ian Poulter (ICON)
- Max Homa (Footjoy Pro/SL)
- Louis Oosthuizen (Pro/SL)
- Webb Simpson (Pro/SL)
- Patrick Cantlay (DryJoys Tour)