Not to be confused with Tour pro, who do similar tasks from time to time.
A club professional is responsible for a wide range of tasks, from teaching lessons and organizing tournaments to managing the pro shop and providing general customer service.
In addition to their day-to-day duties, club pros also serve as a valuable resource for amateur golfers, providing tips and advice on everything from swing technique to course management.
While the job can be demanding, it is also highly rewarding, and many club pros consider it a privilege to be able to share their passion for the game with others.
1. The responsibilities of a golf Club Pro
- Maintain golf courses & golf clubs
- Maintain driving ranges & practise facilities
- Merchandiser – Help the golf club manager in running the pro shop.
- Instructor to golfers of all ages & skill levels.
- Organizer and Supervisor (with the golf retail manager)
- Promoting the golf club
2. What skills are needed to be successful in this position
- Golf skills
- Communication skills
- Business & management skills
- Coaching & teaching skills
- Marketing skills
3. How much do they make?
According to USA Today, annual salaries range from around $35,000 to $100,000, and the average is $65,000.
4. What education might help you get a job as a Golf Club Pro?
- Diploma education
- College Degree (optional to some, and must-have to other golf courses)
- USGTF certificate
- PGA Professional Golf Management program
- Driving license
- Certification in First-Aid & CPR
Andy Starr is a golf writer with Apple Mountain Golf.
He’s been playing the game for more than 10 years and has a passion for it.
Andy also enjoys reviewing golf shoes and other equipment, which he posts on his blog.
When he’s not writing or playing golf, Andy can be found spending time with his wife and two young children.
When he was just out of college, he decided to turn his passion for the sport into a career and began writing about golf for Apple Mountain Golf.
Since then, Starr has become one of the most respected golf writers in the industry.
He has a gift for making complex topics easy to understand, and his articles are always filled with insights and tips that can help readers improve their game.
In addition to his work as a writer, Starr is also a highly regarded golf instructor.
He has taught at some of the biggest clubs in the country, and his students have gone on to win championships at all levels.
Whether he’s teaching or writing,